Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Lemon Chicken Penne
What you'll need:
1 Pound dry penne
2 Chicken cutlets
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook penne in boiling salted water until al dente.
2. Drain pasta well
3. Season chicken with salt and black pepper
4. Cook in preheated grill pan over medium-high heat until golden and completely cooked.
5. Remove chicken to plate and cut into fingers.
6. Add garlic and red pepper to pan with olive oil. Saute until aromatic.
7. Add cooked pasta and turn off heat.
8. Stir pasta and garlic, olive oil, and red pepper.
9. Pour pasta mixture into large bowl. Add in chicken and season with salt and pepper.
10. Add lemon juice and mix.
11. Top with cheese and serve.
I made this dish because I wanted to bring my husband some dinner at work. I needed to find something that could be transported easily, wasn't too complicated to eat, and would work well reheated. This worked perfectly.