Saturday, October 16, 2010

Apple Cranberry Pork Loin

We went apple picking today so of course we had to have an apple based dinner. I looked around online for some ideas and ran across an apple cranberry pork loin. "Hmmm... That sounds pretty good," I thought to myself. I didn't even open the recipe, just headed to the store, which is why the following is a not so precise recipe for deliciousness.

What you'll need:
Pork loin (I used a 1.5 pound loin and had more a lot more of the sauce than I needed.)
1 clove garlic
A couple of apples (I used 2 large empire apples.)
1 can whole cranberry sauce
Dash of pepper
Dash of salt
Sugar to taste ( I used 1/4- 1/3 cup)
Cinnamon to taste

1. Cut the garlic in half and rub the open sides on the loin. Mince one of the halves.
2. Core and cut the apples into large chunks.
3. Mix the apples, sugar, cinnamon, cranberry sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic.
4. Layer the bottom of a slow cooker with some of the mixture.
5. Add the pork loin and the rest of the mixture.
6. Cook in slow cooker until meat is tender.
7. Slice the loin and mash the apples up a bit with a spoon so it becomes a thicker sauce.
8. Top the loin with some of the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment