This recipe was adapted from the chili recipe that can be found previously in this blog. We wanted to try making it with a porter beer that our local brewery makes.
What you'll need:
2 pounds ground beef or turkey
1 small green pepper
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic
1/4 to 1/3 cup chili powder
2 cans stewed tomatoes (drained)
2 cans kidney beans (drained)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 bottle porter beer (you won't use the whole thing)
1. Chop up onions and green peppers.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
3. Fry onion, pepper, garlic, and meat until meat is cooked.
4. Pour meat/vegetable mixture into crock pot.
5. After draining tomatoes, replace drained fluid with porter.
6. Empty tomatoes and kidney beans into crock pot.
7. Pour in some extra porter. The more you use the thinner the chili will turn out..
8. Allow to simmer for a few hours.
9. Serve and enjoy.